A few important updates as we move into the last half of December. We are now less than two months away from the start of our spring lacrosse season.
1) If you ordered from the EYL team store, we'll be delivering those items on Monday, 12/23. Please let me know if there needs to be some discretion when delivering, i.e. some Xmas presents are in the order.
2) EYL has secured time with OffTheField Training for preseason workouts. We'll have one-hour training sessions on Mondays & Wednesdays from 730 - 830 PM staring Jan 6 through Feb 12. The cost will $120 for the full 12-sessions. Additional information will be sent in the next few days. I do want to stress that this is optional training and not required, but highly recommended if you can make it.
3) The Idaho Middle School Lacrosse Association (IMSLA) has been a rousing success so far and has accomplished a ton over the past few months. We have a preliminary schedule completed and believe that it is pretty solid, but please know that there will be some jockeying around as we move closer to the season. We'll add all the games to the website soon. All of our games will be on Saturdays and most will have a start time in the afternoon.
* First game, Feb 29
* Last game, May 9
* Eagle will have eight IMSLA games
* We will have games every Saturday between those dates except for March 21 which is the first day of Spring Break
As we noted in the invitation to join the team we are planning to play in three tournaments this spring. More information will be out soon on these as we are working on securing hotel room blocks and additional details.
* March 27-29 - Northwest Invitational in Seattle, WA
* April 11 - Mustang Round-Up in Eagle
* May 2-3 - SALI in Sisters, OR
With eight league games and up to 11 tournament games, our boys will be playing a lot of lacrosse over 12 weeks. It is going to be extremely important that they come into the season in good physical condition and that our first practice isn't the first time they have picked up their stick in a month or two. Please encourage them to start playing wall ball, grabbing a friend to play catch, or just doing anything to start sharpening their skills.
We'll have a preseason meeting in January so please be on the lookout for that invitation.
If you have any questions please let us know.
Tag(s): EYL Select (Middle School)